Freeport McMoRan Manager, Operations Center in Papua, Indonesia
Improve and manage the security management systems, processes and policies within the security department -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
Synchronize the command and control aspects of the Division through the Operations Center, facilitate and execute operational coordination with police and military units, and track operational units and resources of the Division. Integrate incident reporting and incident investigation, and track/coordinate follow-up between SRM and Industrial Relations and government law enforcement/security functions as appropriate.
Overall, provide support to the SRM business unit objectives of maintaining the safety and security of PT-FI employees, contractors, and dependents while assuring business continuity, and protection of the PT-FI corporate reputation through the efficient implementation of Operations Center functions.
Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of coordination with units within SRM, as well as coordination and communication between operational and support sections.
Directly supervise and manage the high threat areas within the PTFI COW, specifically the East/West Levee roads and the Main Supply Route (MSR). Responsibility includes the management of all personnel, assets, and coordination of all movements and security activities within these designated areas.
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing all coordinating activities within the Joint Operations Center.
Prepare and lead weekly department meetings in order to synchronize security efforts, identify resource requirements and provide recommendations on prioritization.
Play a significant role in long-term planning, as well as preparing, coordinating, authenticating, publishing, and distributing all standard operating procedures and operational security plans.
Responsible for the planning and coordinating of emergency preparedness training exercises.
Maintain continuous tracking of SRM operational units, personnel and equipment status, and ensuring roll-up reporting of this information.
/• /Bachelor’s degree (BA) or five (5) years of operations management experience.
• Military/law enforcement/industrial security background with twenty (20) years of working experience in security risk management, leadership, operations, and training management skills. Interdisciplinary security experience is desired.
• Knowledge or experience with Indonesian military doctrine and military organization structure.
• Experience working as a member of an operations staff.
• Interpersonal and intercultural skills.
• Ability to conduct specific subject matter and situation briefings.
• Excellent managerial and administrative skills.
• Excellent operational and strategic planning skills.
• Experience in contract management, cost estimation, and other commercial skills.
• Crisis management skills.
• Logistic, cost, and accounting knowledge.
• Basic understanding of radio communication networks (HV, UHF, VHF and SAT).
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style; commitment to get the job done.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
• Persuasive with details and facts.
• Delegate responsibilities effectively.
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
• Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
• Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Title: Manager, Operations Center
Requisition ID: 1802250