Title: Automation Technician - Morenci, AZ
Job Number: 1202648
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Under general supervision provides technical knowledge and guidance to assist with maintenance of automation systems. Provide assistance in installation, diagnostics, and repair of industrial automation systems and equipment.
* Interface between staff engineers, external technical representatives, operations, and maintenance personnel.
* Assists in installation, diagnostics, and maintenance of industrial automation equipment (i.e. instrumentation, industrial communications, DCS, HMI, PLC, PC interface, and third party equipment).
* Actively participates in safety and environmental programs and other programs determined by management.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Two (2) years experience relevant to electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance in an industrial setting.
* Basic knowledge of computer applications and networking
* Knowledge of electronic communications interfaces and protocols
* Ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
* Valid state drivers license
* Effective written and verbal communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company
* Ability to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as business needs dictate
* Able to perform the essential functions of the job at the time of the job offer with or without reasonable accommodations
* High School Diploma or GED
* Experience with automation system maintenance
* HMI/PLC and/or DCS programming and troubleshooting experience
* Understanding of networking fundamentals
* Understanding of historical data collection systems
* Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday.
* Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
* Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer